• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

65% law status

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KLloyd

what is the status for the 65% time served law for first time going to jail inmates for the state of arizona, maricopa county. i understand that it is 85% right now but heard it might change to 65% because of over crowding. please advise and forgive me for the lack of knowledge with the terminology. thank you

N

Not Guilty

Presently the law in Arizona is generally that you do 83% of your time in ADOC with a 90 day early kick out. For some crimes such as methamphetamine manufacturing you do 100% flat time. If the government alleges that you committed the crime while on release you do the presumptive. Information that ADOC prisoners will be released after 65% is just a rumor and in any event does not apply to inmates sentenced to the Maricopa County Jail.

[Edited by Not Guilty on 03-17-2001 at 03:19 PM]

K

KLloyd

Thank you for the info.

Thank you for the information regarding the 65% release law, well the law that I thought there was anyway.

I should have known it was just a rumor, anything to good to be true usually is.

I appreciate your web site and find it helpful, when you don't ubderstand the system it is great to be able to ask a few questions without being charged a million dollars or get the run around.

Sincerely,

KLloyd

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">