• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Absconding probation in the State of Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cindy7119

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Florida,I need some help.In 1999 I was charged for failure to return rented property.I rented a generator from a hardware store and it was stolen.It was a misdemeanor and I was sentenced to three months in jail fined 3000.00 and one year probation.I was commercial fishing on the east coast and my home was in Ca.When I got out of jail I paid the 3000.00 and asked my PO about going home to Ca.he said it probably wouldnt happen as Ca. might not accept the transfer.so I left and went back home to Ca.Recently I applied for a job with a back ground check and there it was wanted in Florida.I called an attorney in Florida after some inquires she said I still owe 823.00 and its a 50/50 chance if she represents me in court.Please all feed back on Florida absconding laws appreciated .Thanx!

S

seniorjudge

cindy7119 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Florida,I need some help.In 1999 I was charged for failure to return rented property.I rented a generator from a hardware store and it was stolen.It was a misdemeanor and I was sentenced to three months in jail fined 3000.00 and one year probation.I was commercial fishing on the east coast and my home was in Ca.When I got out of jail I paid the 3000.00 and asked my PO about going home to Ca.he said it probably wouldnt happen as Ca. might not accept the transfer.so I left and went back home to Ca.Recently I applied for a job with a back ground check and there it was wanted in Florida.I called an attorney in Florida after some inquires she said I still owe 823.00 and its a 50/50 chance if she represents me in court.Please all feed back on Florida absconding laws appreciated .Thanx!
Surrender.

Your lawyer is right about the odds.

BUT do you want to make it 51 - 49 in your favor? Show up with $1823 when you surrender. They may find some extra costs and stuff they forgot to tell your lawyer about earlier.

Maybe you will get to go home. Maybe not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">