• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Aggravated Assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MontanaMother

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Montana

My 16 year old son was stabbed, thank goodness not seriously injured. The police arrested the kids today who did this to him. They are being charged with aggravated assault. They were also charged with a few other crimes when they were arrested. What impact will the assault charges have? How much will my son have to be involved in their trials? We have never been around or involved in anything of this nature and I have no idea where we go from here. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

CdwJava

I'm glad to hear that your son will be okay.

As far as what to expect, that's very difficult to say. Depending on the circumstances, the defense could be very assertive (trying to blame your son for the attack, etc.). Usually, if the evidence is strong, you will see a plea deal in a case like this and that would mean a minimal involvement except for, maybe, at sentencing.

But, without knowing the details, nobody can say for sure.

Give the prosecutor a call and see what he says. he might have a better idea of what to expect at trial than anyone here might.

Carl

M

MontanaMother

The reason they went after him, the kid who wants my son gone is an ex-boyfriend of my sons new girlfriend. The ones arrested were also charged with theft, drinking under age, DUI, and I believe their are drug charges as well. All my son knows is this kid wanted him and his girlfriend dead as he was jealous so he sent some people to get them.

I will call the prosecutor's office tomorrow. I just pray they can put these kids away for awhile so we won't have to worry about it for awhile anyway. Thank you for responding so quick.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">