• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any way to plea bargain this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BrokenInside

What is the name of your state? North Dakota

GSI.... my BF is being charged, but I feel he did nothing wrong. My step dad is a cop and seems to have some pull and he went in to court saying that he wasn't going to let my BF plea bargain his charge down to nothing. He also has two Protection Order violations but one I can almost prove didn't happen, but the other is a different story. Is there a way to lessen this also?

CdwJava

BrokenInside said:
What is the name of your state? North Dakota

GSI.... my BF is being charged, but I feel he did nothing wrong. My step dad is a cop and seems to have some pull and he went in to court saying that he wasn't going to let my BF plea bargain his charge down to nothing. He also has two Protection Order violations but one I can almost prove didn't happen, but the other is a different story. Is there a way to lessen this also?
I think you have already gotten the answer to this query on your other thread.

You can talk with his attorney, but I doubt there is much you can do. So long as you go against your parent's wishes, they have an obligation to protect you. And if numb-nuts boyfriend is stupid enough to blow off a judge's command to stay away, then he is getting what he has coming.

When you are 18 and move out of your mom and step-dad's home, you can go to court to get it removed. Until then, you are - quite literally - jail bait for the lunkhead.

- Carl

O

OhBullship

How can he plea?

He can make a pouty face and whimper. That should impress the judge enough to let him go.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">