• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bankruptcy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dsaldo

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

:) What is the deadline for a company put into involentary bankruptcy to inform the unsecured creditors not involved with the claim against the debtor, that a petition has been implemented by the U.S. bankruptcy courts.? As an unsecured creditor, I was informed 47 days past from when the US bankruptucy court ordered protection. This put some of my payments received for past due invoices within the 90 day preferential treatment area by five days. I cannot find any deadline date under chapter seven that a Debtor has to inform unsecured creditors of this action. This puts the unsecured creditor (me) giving credit, in an unfair situation of continuing to extend credit and accepting payments when the bankrupt company knows that some of the funds will fall under preferential treatment because they are not informing the unsecured creditor in a timely fashion. Can anyone help with a specific time that I should have been notified by law?

You guys are great thanks

dsaldo

D

dsaldo

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your response. I don't disagree that bankruptcy can be a difficult pill to swallow when your getting hit twice. I was taught very young there is an ass for every seat, by a man who took me over the coals even as a young boy. My greatest triumph was when this man bought me a beer at a stag. Even though he he had swindled me thousands of dollars on automobile transacactions through the years, he also saved me thousands of dollars in court costs and lawyers because of his connections with the law. For him to spend a single dollar on me was an honor that few had ever obtained. Everytime I learn a new lesson in business I think of the lesson that I was taught 35 years ago by this gentleman. My negative opinion of his actions have shifted toward admiration that the man was actuall taking me under his wing. I was just not smart enough to understand it. I believe your comments represent the best advice anyone could give me on this case. I will not go down without making it painful for all parties, but I will also not spend another minute defending a position that cannot be defended because of ingnorance on my part. Thanks again

best regards,

Dsaldo Vermont

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">