• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boyfriend sentenced to probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Genene69

What is the name of your state (only U.S.law)? Sparks,Nevada My boyfriend of 12 years was arrested and charged for felony drug possession in 2007. After he served a few days in jail he was ordered to a 24 month drug program. Three months ago he was kicked out of the program after exchanging harsh words with the Program Director. After serving 3 weeks in jail he was released and ordered to appear for sentencing at a later date. At sentencing the Judge ordered him to 3 years probation. I understand the conditions for the probationer, but as the innocent party, I feel like I'm on probation too!! I've heard horror stories of officers coming unannounced, at any time, entering homes and turning it upside down. To think that this can happen several times in a 3 year period gives me anxiety! What rights do I have? Can they search my person, my car, my panty drawers!? Search my personals if he is home and I'm not? Please help. I can't eat or sleep.

Last edited:

FlyingRon

That's largely dependent on your boyfriend. If he makes his reports, works his job, stays off drugs and away from drug dealers, they will have little incentive to start digging around looking for drugs in the house. The home visits are primarily to make sure that he's living where they say he is and that he's living an upstanding life in terms with the probation.

Of course, failing a few drug tests, not showing up for work, etc... might get a little more intense supervision.

cyjeff

Usually, a part of the probation deal is the blanket statement to allowed to be searched at the discretion of law enforcement.

If you live in the same space as your boyfriend (share a room), then your things will be searched along with his.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S.law)? Sparks,Nevada My boyfriend of 12 years was arrested and charged for felony drug possession in 2007. After he served a few days in jail he was ordered to a 24 month drug program. Three months ago he was kicked out of the program after exchanging harsh words with the Program Director. After serving 3 weeks in jail he was released and ordered to appear for sentencing at a later date. At sentencing the Judge ordered him to 3 years probation. I understand the conditions for the probationer, but as the innocent party, I feel like I'm on probation too!! I've heard horror stories of officers coming unannounced, at any time, entering homes and turning it upside down. To think that this can happen several times in a 3 year period gives me anxiety! What rights do I have? Can they search my person, my car, my panty drawers!? Search my personals if he is home and I'm not? Please help. I can't eat or sleep.
Could be time to consider new living arrangements if this is a concern to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">