• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be charged for something not written on my citation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

griffin_dey

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

California

I was recently arrested for trespassing and I had like half a gram of weed on me which they of course found. I spent the night in jail and was released the next morning with a citation. I was cited for violation section 602 of the CA penal code (trespassing) but I wasn't cited for the weed. Can I still be charged for it even though it wasn't written on the citation?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

California

I was recently arrested for trespassing and I had like half a gram of weed on me which they of course found. I spent the night in jail and was released the next morning with a citation. I was cited for violation section 602 of the CA penal code (trespassing) but I wasn't cited for the weed. Can I still be charged for it even though it wasn't written on the citation?
Depends on if the cop smoked it or not?:D

Ur probably fine.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I agree that he could be. However, I am not so sure that its likely that he will be.
No one said it was guarantee or a definite that he would be charged. But he can be. That was the question and that was the proper answer -- he can be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">