• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i move to a different state while on parole?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slipslime215

Im on parole in Philadelphia, pa. My domestic partner wants to move to California. And i have no other option other then to move for it is work related. Will i be granted permission to move to California and get my parole moved over to California or will i be left in the dust to rot?

Just Blue

Im on parole in Philadelphia, pa. My domestic partner wants to move to California. And i have no other option other then to move for it is work related. Will i be granted permission to move to California and get my parole moved over to California or will i be left in the dust to rot?
You should ask your P.O. what s/he thinks as we have no idea why you are on parole or what your criminal history is.

I am curious though...Why do you believe that your boyfriend/girlfriend having to move for his/her job, equates to YOU not "having any other option"?:confused:

slipslime215

You should ask your P.O. what s/he thinks as we have no idea why you are on parole or what your criminal history is.

I am curious though...Why do you believe that your boyfriend/girlfriend having to move for his/her job, equates to YOU not "having any other option"?:confused:
its the controll and power they have over me. I sold steroids in a gym. i was using the gymn for lockers and showers when i was homless. i only had my computer and this guy asked me to get him steroids and he would give me extra money so i bought them from indonesia. its a felony 3 manufacture possesion with intent. its my only history. Do you think they would let me?

Just Blue

its the controll and power they have over me. I sold steroids in a gym. i was using the gymn for lockers and showers when i was homless. i only had my computer and this guy asked me to get him steroids and he would give me extra money so i bought them from indonesia. its a felony 3 manufacture possesion with intent. its my only history. Do you think they would let me?
I can't say. Even if they DO allow you to make the move you would still need California to agree to take over the parole.

And I have to tell you...YOU are the one who gave them "power and control". You need to leave the pity party and man up.

get my parole moved over to California or will i be left in the dust to rot?
its the controll and power they have over me.

slipslime215

I can't say. Even if they DO allow you to make the move you would still need California to agree to take over the parole.

And I have to tell you...YOU are the one who gave them "power and control". You need to leave the pity party and man up.
this issue isnt about a pity party it was a question weather i am allowed to move or not. That is what i need to find out.

davew128

this issue isnt about a pity party it was a question weather i am allowed to move or not. That is what i need to find out.
Then stop spending time on the internet and get off your ass and call the one person who WILL give you a definitive answer.

:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">