• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you leave your state when you are on probation ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

<ABC>

What is the name of your state? VA

When you are on probation, can you leave your state, say a week or two?

Thanks!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<ABC> said:

Thanks!

My response:

Of course you can! Take a vacation to the Bahamas if you'd like. As long as you come back before anyone has noticed that you're gone.

IAAL

needofhelp1

I am not on probation yet, but still pending of trial....class 4 felony.....all you have to do is get a court order to be out of state.
Go with your attorney and ask judge for permission.

I did for a week and a half to care for my dieing grandfather.
With no problem.

:)

TNBabyGurl420

I'm not a lawyer by any means but I have been on probation. In reply to your question first off it depends on what type of probation you are on (example: supervised,unsupervised..so on). You can ask your probation officer for a travel permit to travel to a different state. You will need the dates of when you will be gone and when you will return. Also you will need the address and phone number of the person or place you will be staying with. You will need the information about what car,plane bus exc. you will be taking and you will also need the reason for the trip. In most cases I would say you would be able to leave but it's really up to your probation officer.

rparkerfl1

Leaving State

<ABC> said:

Thanks!
Yes you can leave the state but you will need to get a travel permit from your probation officer. It allows you to travel to said destinations without worry.

Hope this helps.

Robert

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">