• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you still get a court appointed attorney after a sentencing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hienmao

What is the name of your state? WA

My brother was sentenced to 220months for 2nd degree murder. He has been diagnosed as schizophrenic by a court appointed psychiatrist. He has served 2yrs so far. We feel that our attorney screwed us by not appealing. We paid over $25,000 and we cannot afford another attorney at this point. Can we still get help trying to reduce his sentence? like a court appointed attorney?

JETX

"Can we still get help trying to reduce his sentence?"
*** Of course you can. You can stand on the corner with signs.

"like a court appointed attorney?"
*** No.

P

Peo Se 123

I have seen some disgraceful advice from some people in this forum. The truth is that "YES" you can get a public defender or Court Appointed Attorney after sentancing, for the purpose of an appeal Or PCRA motion. I would look at your state's Rules of Criminal Procedure has to say with regard to appellant procedure.
I did recieve an attorney for my appeal, all though for all the good it did, I may as well have not bothered. But you may have better luck than I. You must file a motion for Appointment of Assistance of Council. You must be appealing the case however, if it's within a year of being sentenced you still can file an appeal or PCRA Motion. Look up Post Conviction Releif Act for your state, on the Web. Good Luck.
To hienmao: It's a shame that your a Horse's Ass. To all who see any posting by this idiot, do yourself a big favor and pay no attention.
Also JETX: Try using the brain that God gave you. You may find that it works?

Last edited:
H

hienmao

thanks for your help jetx

i would like to stand on the corner with my signs, but your mother is already standing there sucking big cocks for a living. You insensitive cock fcuk.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Peo Se 123 said:
I have seen some disgraceful advice from some people in this forum. The truth is that "YES" you can get a public defender or court appointed attorney after sentancing. All though I believe that it does matter what your state's rules of criminal procedure
says. I live in PA and I did recieve an attorney. You must file a motion for Assistance of Council. You must be appealing the case however, if it's within a year of being sentanced you still can file an appeal or PCRA Motion. Look up Post Conviction Releif Act for your state on the Web. Good Luck.
**A: please explain what peo se is being that is your user name.

HomeGuru

Re: thanks for your help jetx

hienmao said:
i would like to stand on the corner with my signs, but your mother is already standing there sucking big cocks for a living. You insensitive cock fcuk.
**A: a real winner hienmao tse tung.

JETX

This thread is already on its way to being deleted.
Chinese smile.... see the squinty eyes and buck teeth?
:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">