• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

capital murder charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

doesanyonecare

What is the name of your state? GA
A very close friend of mine is facing a capital murder charge and is currently in a Georgia county jail. I know this will be long but it is very important that I include everything. My friend D was living with his friend S when S found out that his girlfriend was cheating on him. She was also living with them in S's parents' house. When S found this out, he told D that if D didn't move to Mexico with him, he'd kill himself. The reason S chose Mexico was because he was on probation and wasn't supposed to leave the area. He thought that the only place he could go was out of the country. They were planning on moving and were just waiting to save enough money. S's girlfriend ended up moving from S's house into her new boyfriend's house. The plan to move seemed to fade and D said that S seemed fine. Then his ex-girlfriend started coming around again while she was with her new boyfriend. During this period, S and D had gotten heavily into Crystal Meth and other drugs. One morning, after drinking and doing drugs all night, S brought up the idea of going to Mexico again. So, they packed up the car and were just going to up and leave. S was driving and he decided to stop at his ex's and his ex's new boyfriend's house. D didn't know why they were stopping and stayed in the car. S called D in the house and S had his ex's new boyfriend on the floor with a gun pointed at him. He said for D to get S's ex and go get in the car. His ex willingly went. In fact, she stood outside the car while D moved stuff to make room for her. D didn't think anything was going to happen. He thought that S was just trying to keep his ex's boyfriend from stopping her. So, after they got in the car, S comes out and they all drive off. After reaching Alabama, S and his ex started fighting and so S pulled over. S and his ex got out and started arguing and his ex ran off. S got back in the car and continued driving. They were suddenly being chased by the police and this is when S confessed that he had shot his ex's boyfriend but he made it seem like an accident. S led the police on a high speed chase ending with S ramming into a police car. S's ex told the police in Alabama that she had been kidnapped but that D wasn't involved. She changed her story to the Georgia police saying that D was involved. Now D is being charged with Capital Murder because there is no accessory charge in Georgia. His fingerprints are also on the gun because they had been shooting out in the woods a couple of days prior to the incident. He has another friend that has told the investigators this because she was there but they won't bother to go to the spot and find the casings. The investigators also didn't bother getting surveillance tapes that would have showed S's ex walking around gas stations freely. D may also be charged with kidnapping and armed burglary. How can D be charged with Capital Murder if he wasn't even in the house when the murder happened? What are his chances of being convicted and do you have any advice for his case? Please help! Thank you.

H

hexeliebe

I won't comment on the post, except to say that this is not a unique case. GET AN ATTORNEY NOW! otherwise you're going to be at the mercy of the police investigators.

If your friend can't afford one he can petition the court for an attorney.

Otherwise, it doesn't look good.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">