• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Case dismissed showing as guilty on record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blazers88

What is the name of your state? Maine
About three years ago, I was cited for indecent exposure for getting caught having sex in public. I plead not guilty, got a lawyer and got the case filed. Basically after one year, the case was dismissed and I got a letter stating this. I applied for a job and put down that I have never been found or plead guilty to a crime, which is true. However, when they did a background search, this charge came up with a guilty plea. I called the court house and the docket states that it was dismissed and no mention of a guilty plea. I can use this to clear my name with the job I am seeking (luckily!) However, I don't want to deal with this in the future. The whole reason I paid 1500 for a lawyer was to get this so it would not be on my record, this was in lieu of paying a 75 fine!! How can I get this cleared up? The courthouse told me to hire a lawyer, but it was their computer that sent out incorrect information to these background search places. Help!!

BL

Try contacting the clerk of the court , ask for the contact info. for the Judges secretary or legal adviser .

Send them a copy of the letter you have and request the info. be corrected in the computer .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">