• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cash Bond in AL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GracieAnn54

What is the name of your state? My husband and I live in Texas but paid a cash bond in Alabama. I have never paid a bond before and was wondering if you could tell me how a cash bond works. The amount we paid was $10,000. :confused:

seniorjudge

Q: My husband and I live in Texas but paid a cash bond in Alabama. I have never paid a bond before and was wondering if you could tell me how a cash bond works. The amount we paid was $10,000.

A: You put up $10K and then if you show up for court (and otherwise comply with the court's orders), you get your money back. If you are found guilty, court costs, fines, whatever may come out of the dough before you get it back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">