• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

catch 22

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hardwork

What is the name of your state? Texas

My son was picked up on a probation violation and new charge on Jan. 7th. He went to court on Jan. 27th and the Judge reinstated his probation and ordered him to the restitution center (in jail work release) until his restitution ($3000.00) was paid in full. They told him he would be moved to the restitution center within the week. He is still being held in the county jail because another county has a hold on him for "displaying ficticious auto insurance". It is a misdemeanor. He is in a catch 22 position. He can't be moved to the restitution center because of the hold and the other county (Dallas) won't do anything until he is finished in this county. I have called and asked and he has written and asked about a bench warrant, but Dallas says they won't. Is there anything that can be done or anyone I can talk to without getting another attorney? We have spent all of our money on past attorneys and can't afford any more. Thanks

Son of Slam

I once got a ticket for driving with no drivers license in possession. Just before I went to court my licensee expired. The judge would not dismiss the ticket until I had a valid drivers license. The DMV would not issue a new license until the ticked was resolved. I went back and forth three time until I decided to do the right thing and LIE. I made up a nice story and got a temporary license and had the ticket dismissed. Point being, you don't need a lawyer, you can tell your owen lies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">