• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CDC # 106 (Visiting Questionnaire)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Looking4answer

What is the name of your state? California

**After being unable to locate a thread that addresses this particular dilemma, I have found myself here. My mother has recently received her denial letter for visiting an inmate. There were two reasons marked as to the reason for denial:

1) Information received from the Dept of Motor Vehicles reveals that you have failed to appear & failed to pay charges. Please notify this office with proof of this clearance and attach the clearance to this denial letter and return. You must possess a valid photo ID to visit.

AND...

2) Per California Code of Regulations (CCR), Section 3177.5, "Anyone having extensive or recent history of criminal activity which are of a particular sensitivity to institutional security will be denied visiting privileges."

Mom is unsure as to how to clear this up, or if there is a way. Her status is as follows: She does have the traffic tickets that have been defaulted on. Is there anyway to get this ball rolling so that she is able to visit the inmate?

The 2nd reason is unclear... mom was recently (3 yrs ago) detained while on a visit to a county jail for an outstanding warrant which was later dismissed and no action was taken.

Any advice is appreciated, thank you!

Looking....

H

hmmbrdzz

Looking4answer said:
What is the name of your state? California

**After being unable to locate a thread that addresses this particular dilemma, I have found myself here. My mother has recently received her denial letter for visiting an inmate. There were two reasons marked as to the reason for denial:

1) Information received from the Dept of Motor Vehicles reveals that you have failed to appear & failed to pay charges. Please notify this office with proof of this clearance and attach the clearance to this denial letter and return. You must possess a valid photo ID to visit.

AND...

2) Per California Code of Regulations (CCR), Section 3177.5, "Anyone having extensive or recent history of criminal activity which are of a particular sensitivity to institutional security will be denied visiting privileges."

Mom is unsure as to how to clear this up, or if there is a way. Her status is as follows: She does have the traffic tickets that have been defaulted on. Is there anyway to get this ball rolling so that she is able to visit the inmate?

The 2nd reason is unclear... mom was recently (3 yrs ago) detained while on a visit to a county jail for an outstanding warrant which was later dismissed and no action was taken.

Any advice is appreciated, thank you!

Looking....
================
My response: Hi looking. Your mom has been issued two reasons from the DOP. She is probably not going to be able to clear it up sufficiently to be able to visit this inmate. She has a record; she had an outstanding warrant; and the prison is pretty tough (at least in NC) on who can visit and who cannot. She can attempt to contact DMV and request the information the prison has requested of her and submit this info to the prison along with a letter as to why they should consider her exempt from the code of regulations. In other words -- why the prison shouldn't consider her a threat to security. She should be prepared for denial, though.

Good luck anyhow.

hmmbrdzz

M

mobopp

First she must PAY all her outstanding tickets and fines TODAY.....

Then maybe since the warrant was dismissed maybe that would be acceptable to the prision authorities.

See all the trouble Mom has gotten herself into by being such an Incredibly STUPID criminal!

>>>Not paying her traffic tickets ON TIME, and not appearing in court when ordered>>>

calatty

First, she has to clear up the DMV matter. A detention for a warrant on a dismissed case does not sound like an "extensive" criminal history. She should obtain a copy of her Department of Justice printout showing a clean criminal history and submit it to the prison with a letter requesting reconsideration, along with proof she has cleared up the DMV matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">