• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charges dropped for one person, will mine be dropped too?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ksanks04

Indiana:

About 2 months ago I got a drinking ticket with about 4 other people (same charges). Our case hasnt been filed yet, we have no court date; my friends dad is a cop and he made some calls and put some pressure on the courts and eventually his charge was dropped. (This was because he was waiting for a dissenrollment investigation with the Air Force ROTC and he needed the case to be finalized before the investigation could go any further.)
Does this mean that all of our charges will be dropped as well? Is there anything I should do or say? Let me know what you think, thanks...

ksanks04 said:
Indiana:

About 2 months ago I got a drinking ticket with about 4 other people (same charges). Our case hasnt been filed yet, we have no court date; my friends dad is a cop and he made some calls and put some pressure on the courts and eventually his charge was dropped. (This was because he was waiting for a dissenrollment investigation with the Air Force ROTC and he needed the case to be finalized before the investigation could go any further.)
Does this mean that all of our charges will be dropped as well? Is there anything I should do or say? Let me know what you think, thanks...
Get a lawyer..
And no it dosent mean your charges will be dropped. Talk to your freinds Dad...

ksanks04

$ concerns

I am only concerned about paying the fine and the defferal, because with the defferal it will be dropped from my record anyway. Do you think a lawyer will be cheaper than the $300-400 fine?

gawm

ksanks04 said:
I am only concerned about paying the fine and the defferal, because with the defferal it will be dropped from my record anyway. Do you think a lawyer will be cheaper than the $300-400 fine?
Nope......

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">