• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Clarification on background checks and expungements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wbarney

What is the name of your state? MA

I've read through and searched several posts, but I'm still not clear on this issue. Please bear with me.

I have a DUI in my record, and the matter was continued without a finding.

I was arrested and charged with "malicious destruction of property valued over $250 (a felony)", but the matter was dismissed because I was not at fault.

If an employer were to run a background check, what would appear? Would the CWAF appear? Would it show my complete arrest history?

As many people who are asking these types of questions know, if an employer were to see even a record of arrest, chances are you don't have any chance of getting the job. They will err on the side of safety.

Assuming the worst case scenario - that arrests, cwafs, convictions, everything - appear on the background check, do I have any recourse or are my employment chances permanently downgraded?

Thanks for your assistance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">