• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Community Service/Probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pattibm

What is the name of your state? California

My 19 yr old son was arrested and charged with petty theft (for stealing emblems off of cars - stupid, I know) when he was 18. He was sentenced to 3 yrs informal probation, fines and 30 days community service. Unfortunately both of us misread the sencenting papers and we thought he had 3 yrs to complete his community service, BUT it was to be completed in 6 months which would have been the end of April, 2008. He was granted an extendtion of 30 days. How he's supposed to complete 30 days while going to school and working, I don't know. Anyway, he will not be able to do it. He is going to go and ask for another extension. What do you think his chances are that he will receive it? What do you think might be another outcome? He is extremly frighten that he will get a judge that will put him in jail for contempt.
What do you think??

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">