• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

confused release

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kangel

What is the name of your state? NY
I have a friend that was released 3 weeks before his actual release date. They let him leave the jail and 3 hours later the local police came to take him back there. My question is......Do they need to do any special paperwork to incarcerate him again?
Is there anything that can be done about any of this????

HomeGuru

kangel said:
What is the name of your state? NY
I have a friend that was released 3 weeks before his actual release date. They let him leave the jail and 3 hours later the local police came to take him back there. My question is......Do they need to do any special paperwork to incarcerate him again?

**A: no,
Is there anything that can be done about any of this????

**A: any of what?

n_and

You need to post more information. No one will be able to help you with the lack of information you have given. Some questions -
How was he released? He should have recieved a pardon from the warden if it was before his release date. Did he recieve any papers at all? How was he brought back? Was he arrested, or just brought back to serve the remainder of his sentence?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">