• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Convicted felon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chris112

What is the name of your state? California

Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me? here is my situation I am a convicted felon,
I was convicted of steeling a car, now i have been off parol and out of trouble for six years now, since i was 24 i am now 30. Can I get my rights bear arms restored?

S

shell007

chris112 said:

Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me? here is my situation I am a convicted felon,
I was convicted of steeling a car, now i have been off parol and out of trouble for six years now, since i was 24 i am now 30. Can I get my rights bear arms restored?
Go to the vet, take your bear and the arm, and ask them if it can be restored! :D :D

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Stand by for the answer to your legal question!

CdwJava

chris112 said:

You would have to get the charges reduced to misdemeanors or otherwise removed ... NOT very likely. AND, I believe you have to stay clean for 10 years before you can begin the process.

Check this link:

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/other/crimlawclean.htm

- Carl

JETX

chris112 said:
Can I get my rights bear arms restored?
How did your bear lose his right arm???

Seriously:
"In California, if a felon meets proper requirements, he or she may apply for the Certificate of Rehabilitation and Pardon or the Direct Application for Pardon, the latter made directly to the Governor. Under California Penal Code Section 12021, the person granted a full and unconditional pardon by the governor may lawfully own and possess any type of weapon that may be lawfully owned and possessed by other citizens in California."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">