• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit adjustment for time served

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EmmanuelD

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California

Hello, I live in Santa Clara county and committed a charge in Monterey for which I did time in custodyin salinad and on home confinement transferred to San Jose. I am now going through a formal hearing for violation if probation in Santa Clara county for this charge and looking at a possible 16 month charge. I am showing I have about 220 days credit including time inside as double time and time on emp as day for day. My question is this, if at the time I did emp it was day for day in 2015 but am facing the violation for the same charge now and emp is now given as double time, can an adjustment be made to reflect that on my credits?

quincy

California

Hello, I live in Santa Clara county and committed a charge in Monterey for which I did time in custodyin salinad and on home confinement transferred to San Jose. I am now going through a formal hearing for violation if probation in Santa Clara county for this charge and looking at a possible 16 month charge. I am showing I have about 220 days credit including time inside as double time and time on emp as day for day. My question is this, if at the time I did emp it was day for day in 2015 but am facing the violation for the same charge now and emp is now given as double time, can an adjustment be made to reflect that on my credits?
I am having some difficulty understanding what you are saying but, if you violated your probation, you may not be receiving any credit at all. Your original sentence can be imposed as well as additional time in jail added for the probation violation and for the new charge if convicted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">