• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

criminal law expungement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kentlj

What is the name of your state? tx, I have a friend that has a misdeameanor on his record that was reduced from a Class C felony, and it was successfully probated over 20 years ago. Can this be expunged and how?

M

Mike2004

Im not a lawyer but I did some research on this myself a year or so ago and found an attorney on the internet in CA i believe who will do it. If not successful, there is no charge.

Do a google search for expungement, start digging around. IMO, Yes, it can be done.

Just trying to help. Good Luck.

K

Kentlj

Mike2004 said:
Im not a lawyer but I did some research on this myself a year or so ago and found an attorney on the internet in CA i believe who will do it. If not successful, there is no charge.

Do a google search for expungement, start digging around. IMO, Yes, it can be done.

Just trying to help. Good Luck.

K

Kentlj

expungement

Thanks for your reply Mike, I will start looking around, guess I'm sort of brain-dead

I

inv760

Crazyhorse said:
expungment works.*

* unless you are applying for a gov't job.
WRONG!! I know several Federal Agents that have had criminal records EXPUNGED so I do not know why you are advising "unless you are applying for a gov't job." That is totally FALSE.

I

inv760

Crazyhorse- who or what made you think that anyhow? If you are a law student you should research the term EXPUNGEMENT. It means, in so many words, that the expunged crime never occurred. All fingerprints, photos and rap sheet data must be destroyed.

H

hexeliebe

Crazyhorse- who or what made you think that anyhow? If you are a law student you should research the term EXPUNGEMENT. It means, in so many words, that the expunged crime never occurred. All fingerprints, photos and rap sheet data must be destroyed.
You guys (and let's not forget the girls) are better than cable. Do you really believe this crap? Or are you here to further your stupidity quotion?

inv760 I did some research at law school today for you... and I have determined that hexeliebe is correct. you are stupid.

*edit*

I have actually seen criminal records and this is what they look like to law enforcement:

4/10/01 211.12 Vehicle Theft A3423423 180 DAYS PROBATION

after being expunged:

*EXPUNGED* 4/10/01 211.12 Vehicle Theft A3423423 180 DAYS PROBATION

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">