• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crossing state lines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nat.wick

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina and PA
My husband was recently put on probation in NC For misdemeanor charges he acquired a year ago. He is now a resident of PA and has been since last January. They made him quite his job and move back to NC where he just falls back into trouble again so after going back to NC an not finding work he decided to violate his probation to come back up here and get a job. I currently cant work because i am about to have a baby and if he leaves the state to go back to his probation he will lose his job. My question is if he has a warrant put in NC will the police in PA arrest him and send him back down there. His probation officer said that they will hold him up hear until NC comes to get him, but im not sure if this is true. Can anybody help me with this?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

nat.wick

thank you for your reply. If they issue a warrant in NC would the state police in Pa come and arrest him or would they just hold him if he got pulled over or sited for something separate. Seeing as his charges are non violent misdemeanors what would be the chances of extraditing him, In your opinion.

nat.wick

Also is there anything that can be done to fight them moving him back to NC. I am in the Pa national guard and cannon relocate states and he was a PA state resident for 7 months before his court sentencing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">