• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deferred adjudication and firearm ownership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

19ktanker

What is the name of your state?TX
I was arrested in Oct 1999 for theft by deception. I was in basic training at the time and was extradited back to KS which is where the charges were filled. My lawyer advised me to take deferred adjudication and I did. Since then I graduated basic and have been stationed in TX. All fines were paid in full and three years probation completed without so much as a ticket. I would like to know if I can legally buy and own a firearm and if I can apply for a CHL. I paid for a criminal record check from the internet and I it is not on there, I also have a secret clearance through the Army. I have looked at the ATF website and the way I read it I should not have any problems but I have heard otherwise and I do not want to get in trouble. Thanks in advance!

SHORTY LONG

What is the name of your state?TX
I was arrested in Oct 1999 for theft by deception. I was in basic training at the time and was extradited back to KS which is where the charges were filled. My lawyer advised me to take deferred adjudication and I did. Since then I graduated basic and have been stationed in TX. All fines were paid in full and three years probation completed without so much as a ticket. I would like to know if I can legally buy and own a firearm and if I can apply for a CHL. I paid for a criminal record check from the internet and I it is not on there, I also have a secret clearance through the Army. I have looked at the ATF website and the way I read it I should not have any problems but I have heard otherwise and I do not want to get in trouble. Thanks in advance!
Apply for the License, answer all the question truthfully, and be patient for the outcome.
By the way, if per chance it is denied, there is an Appeal process!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">