• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deferred ajudication probation in texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

td789552

What is the name of your state? Texas
Me and my buddy broke into the school our senoir yr in high school we were 18 yrs old and were charged with felony (burglary of a building) we got deferred ajudication probation for 4 yrs my buddy got off in 2yrs because he paid off his dues faster, I just served all 4 yrs, I have a full time job and wanted a part time job to go with that, I applied at a fourtune 500 company and was told that I pretty much got the job all they had to do is run a criminal background check and a urine test, I passed the urine test but got something in the mail of the company that is doing the background check, it had felony(burglary of a building) 4yrs probation, dates and everything, that was going to be submitted to the place that I applied, in the meantime my friend and his wife were trying to get a house through a realtor and the realtor also found out that he had a record and was rudily embarressed by this guy saying how he doesnt think that they should trust my buddy. My buddy called the court house under the impression that this isnt supposed to be on our record and someone there agreed with him that it wasn't and that all they had to do is fill out some paperwork and it would take about 6 months. But she really wasn't sure. I havn't heard from the place that I applied at, but my question is this supposed to come off our record? and if so how or what can we do to make sure it gets done? and do you think I will get the job, should I call them and tell them and for future applications should I tell them.
PLEASE HELP

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">