• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disturbing our peace

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nadene

What is the name of your state? New Jersey. our neighbor leased part of his property to a radio control airplane club. It is loud and we are unable to be outside of our house most weekends due to the volume of planes and noise. Our township does not have a noise ordinance and claims it cannot do anything to rid us of this nusance. We do not know what step to take next. Do we sign a complaint against the landowner or obtain license tag numbers for complaints of the offenders? Or do we file a suit against the township and landowner. It is unbearable.

JETX

Opening a skeet/shooting club on your property sounds like a good idea!!

Is this new activity in compliance with your zoning laws?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Nadene said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey. our neighbor leased part of his property to a radio control airplane club. It is loud and we are unable to be outside of our house most weekends due to the volume of planes and noise. Our township does not have a noise ordinance and claims it cannot do anything to rid us of this nusance. We do not know what step to take next. Do we sign a complaint against the landowner or obtain license tag numbers for complaints of the offenders? Or do we file a suit against the township and landowner. It is unbearable.

My response:

What are the names of your township and county. I'll try looking to see if there are any ordinances on the subject; i.e., noise.

However, and in the meantime, set up a model Navy on a lake with aircraft carriers and destroyers. Make believe you're fighting the Battle of Midway, and that they're all WWII Japanese attack planes, and start shooting the Japs down!

IAAL

JETX

With all due respect to IAAL, I like my idea better. Stand with your back right at the property line and shoot any 'skeet' that cross into YOUR property!!!

Heck, you can even make some money selling the parts!!

N

Nadene

Airplanes

Our county is Cumberland and the township is Upper Deerfield. We did approach the zoning office and they stated there were no problems with this club being there and erecting a make shift building to block their little stupid heads from the sun. We have talked to the property owner (via the township, not directly) to no avail. We have talked to some of the "pilots" and they are rude and said, "oh everyone has alittle noise to put up with". Yesterday they were there from 9-6 and one plane was able to be heard IN our home with the doors and windows shut. Thanks for all your ideas!!

A

amc822

You may want to talk to an attorney about suing for private nuisance since the noise is preventing you from the use and enjoyment of your home.

N

Nadene

that is what we were thinking

Thanks, That is exactly what we think we will have to do. The weekend comes and you are a prisoner in your own home. I would never have built here if I knew this was going to happen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">