• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic Violence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ClownLuva

What is the name of your state? MI

I’m very unfamiliar with the law and was wondering if someone would be able to answer my question.My son’s father was tried for Domestic Violence,supposed to be tried under 1st offence since this is his second.He got, 30 days under house arrest and 1 year under probation and $550 in fines, they also have a ppo on him anywhere from 3 months to a year that they refuse to lift when I asked. When he got to the probation office, they added 5 days under house arrest making it 35 days and he had to pay $55/week for being under house arrest. Is this something that is normal for probation to have this much control as to where they can override a judges ruling and make them do 5 extra days and pay 55/week to be under house arrest? On top of this I thought that they couldn’t go past 500.00 for the fines and fees, so how did they come up with the extra 50.00? Where can I brush up on the laws for this so that I can be more familiar with the law?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">