• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dropping of charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

el_zool

What is the name of your state? Washington

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a charge dropped completely from my record? I'm trying to serve in the military, but I have some misdemeanor charges on my juvenile record which are keeping me out. My recruiter has told me that the only way I could get in is to have any ONE charge dropped. These records are currently sealed, but evidently that isn't sufficient. I would most sincerely appreciate any help in this matter, and can supply more information if necessary. Thank you.

seniorjudge

el_zool said:
What is the name of your state? Washington

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a charge dropped completely from my record? I'm trying to serve in the military, but I have some misdemeanor charges on my juvenile record which are keeping me out. My recruiter has told me that the only way I could get in is to have any ONE charge dropped. These records are currently sealed, but evidently that isn't sufficient. I would most sincerely appreciate any help in this matter, and can supply more information if necessary. Thank you.
Expungement/pardon

There are several thousand questions on this forum similar to yours. Thus, I have prepared a standard answer.

Standard answer: Expungement is generally granted for illegal arrests or unlawful convictions. Generally, pardons mean you are forgiven for the crime but it remains on your record.

Check with the governor or attorney general of your state to see how you can go about either of these procedures. Check with the Attorney General or the President for federal expungement or pardon.

You must remember that there may be private background check companies that have past offenses on their databases; those reports will never be expunged.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=848776#post848776

Stand by...others may offer more advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">