• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug testing upon final court date?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

inmana

Hello, I'm in Lawrence, KS. I received a marijuana possession charge, and pleaded guilty. The case is being handled by the Lawrence Municipal Court. Tomorrow is my final court date in which I am to pay my fine of $352, and provide proof of completing treatment (which I have). My question is this: will they give me a urine test before leaving the court?

I posted this in the other message board as well, but haven't gotten a reply yet.

Indiana Filer

Hello, I'm in Lawrence, KS. I received a marijuana possession charge, and pleaded guilty. The case is being handled by the Lawrence Municipal Court. Tomorrow is my final court date in which I am to pay my fine of $352, and provide proof of completing treatment (which I have). My question is this: will they give me a urine test before leaving the court?

I posted this in the other message board as well, but haven't gotten a reply yet.
The judge could very well order you to immediately appear at the probation department for a urine drug screen. Be prepared to go to the bathroom with an officer of the same gender who will watch you pee. If you test positive, be prepared for jail time.

Our judges order immediate drug screens in a lot of cases involving a drug charge for which the person is placed on probation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">