• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dwi while on parole

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EricaW

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
We live in Missouri and my boyfriend has only been out of prison and on parole for a month and just got a dwi. What should we expect to happen?

FlyingRon

The first thing he needs to do is call is PO. His parole conditions require he do this within 48 hours. This is parole condition NUMBER ONE. The PO will find out about it and failure to report makes this TWO violations of his parole not just one. Hopefully, he doesn't have an additional condition on no drinking. Violations could result in anything from a slap on the wrist to a revocation of parole (go back to jail). In addition he's facing the penalties on the new crime.

TigerD

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
We live in Missouri and my boyfriend has only been out of prison and on parole for a month and just got a dwi. What should we expect to happen?
As said by the previous poster, it depends.
If your boyfriend was charged as first DWI, he may not be revoked. If his prior felony was related to substance abuse, he may be in for other sanctions up to and including revocation.

I have seen many parolees that get in arrest for additional charges while on parole get revoked. The prosecutor talks to the PO. As long as the defendant is fighting the charge - they get screwed.

TD

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">