• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DWLS Driving while suspended 2nd time w/o know

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

neons001

WEll this is my 2nd time got a ticket for driving with ssuspended license i live in Florida in which i told the cop i paid my fines today and i ment to get my license but when i asked them to reinstate it they wanted proof of SR-22 car insurance which i dont have and told me im labeled as a obitual driver or w/e its called now i was planning on getting this all tomorrow which i was really stupid to drive today i dont know wht the hell i was thinking !

anyways can you guys give me some adive as to what to do, and what kind of penaltys there are? i'm 20 years old

neons001

please anybody if they can tell me or give any advice my license was suspended for points 12 points in 12 months 11/07/07 is why i was required to have Sr-22 and all that

FlyingRon

Go to your insurance agent and tell him you need an SR-22.

I think it's habitual. Obitual is an interesting freudian slip however.

neons001

yeah thats what i ment, but im saying i was labeled as this cuz of points and i got caught driving on suspended what shuold i do??

FlyingRon

DWLS, second offense, is 1st degree misdemeanor.
It can be $1000 and a year in jail.

Did they impound your vehicle? It looks like they should have. If they didn't you dodged a big one.

You'd better go get proof of insurance (SR-22) anyhow.
They may figure this out if they haven't yet.

neons001

the cop let me drive home after he gave me the driving with suspended ticket i didnt get why he did but he did are you sure its a year in jail?? i want to know if i should get a lawyer or what i dont want my license suspended should i just go get my license and the insurance or will it just be suspended for this 2nd time driving on suspended/??
please help any advice

FlyingRon

Those are the maximums. That statute is pretty plain on that. What is likely? I have no clue. However, any leniency is strained when you are on a second offense for DWLS and you KNEW you were breaking the law by driving.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">