• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Early Term. of Prob. Letter to the Judge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nandogm

What is the name of your state? Florida

In February I was charged with 3 felonies for selling a couple of water park employee tickets online on ebay.
I went to court and 2 of the charges were dropped and one of them the adjudication was withheld.
I was placed on 1 yr prob. and ordered to do 150 hours of community service. Since day 1 my PO thought my case was stupid and said that she was going to personally file for Early Termination after 6 months. When the 6th month came around I hadn't yet finished my community service so she couldn't file for early term.
I finished comm. serv. last week BUT my PO has changed. I just came back from her office and she told she has absolutely no objections to early term. and suggested that I write a letter to the judge and ask him to terminate my probation.
The question is, what do I write on this letter ? I have no idea. I just called my lawyer and he said it will cost me $500 (after I already paid him $4000)...
Is there a template somewhere ? I searched online but all I could find was lawyers...

seniorjudge

nandogm said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

In February I was charged with 3 felonies for selling a couple of water park employee tickets online on ebay.
I went to court and 2 of the charges were dropped and one of them the adjudication was withheld.
I was placed on 1 yr prob. and ordered to do 150 hours of community service. Since day 1 my PO thought my case was stupid and said that she was going to personally file for Early Termination after 6 months. When the 6th month came around I hadn't yet finished my community service so she couldn't file for early term.
I finished comm. serv. last week BUT my PO has changed. I just came back from her office and she told she has absolutely no objections to early term. and suggested that I write a letter to the judge and ask him to terminate my probation.
The question is, what do I write on this letter ? I have no idea. I just called my lawyer and he said it will cost me $500 (after I already paid him $4000)...
Is there a template somewhere ? I searched online but all I could find was lawyers...
You don't need a template.

Just write a letter in clear and concise English that is plain and simple. Give (briefly) the background of your case and why you think you should be released early.

Show this letter to your PO. In fact, I recommend you have your PO deliver it to the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">