• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment related travel while on parole

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

atlantalady

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I have been on parole for a nonviolent, non-drug related offense for one year. I have had no violations. I have stable employment, stable housing, own a car, and comply with all parole requirements. My current employer, a franchisee and former director of franchisee training for a large corporation, has recommended me for a position as a corporate trainer with corporate headquarters. The position would require significant interstate travel within the southeastern United States (approximately 2 weeks per trip), some of the work would be in this state. I would expect to travel 60-80% of the time.

I have spoken with my parole officer and he was very discouraging. He said it would not be approved because there is no way to supervise me if I am out of state that frequently.

Georgia has non-reporting parole as an option, but it doesn't seem to be used much, if at all. There may be other options, but I do not know all of the terminology that is used. Basically, I understand that there are ways to have parole terminated early.

I will also be on probation beginning in September 2011. I understand I would have to get their approval to continue to travel for work. But, I was told it should be fairly easy to gain approval while on probation if I have already received approval while on parole.

My question is: How do I go about gaining approval for significant, employment related travel? How do I get early parole release or non-reporting parole? Is any of this feasible?

I cannot continue my current work for much longer due to physical limitations. I am required to be on my feet for 8-12 hours per day and have severe foot problems that are exacerbated by my work and may require surgery. If I continue my work it could lead to permanent, irreversible, and debilitating damage.

atlantalady

Child

As I stated when I replied to the questions pertaining to the post I made about visitation, the child is not mine. I was inquiring about a case involving a friend. I posted his explanation of the situation without adding that I was doing so for another person. I did not intend to ruffle anyone's feathers, I was just seeking help for a friend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">