• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

evaluate possible plea bargain for multiple felony accusation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrsc1

What is the name of your state? louisiana
i have been accused of 5 counts of forgery and three counts of theft over five hundred dollars. please advise if plea bargain offered by district attorney is a good idea. bargain offered if pleading gulity to all charges is as follows: 5 years suspended sentence, 2 years active parole, publishing a public apology in local major newspaper, 3 months in home incarceration, $1000 fine and restitution $6322 plus all court costs.

since the time of my arrest, i have become a full time student at a local state university and receive federal student aid and loans. i am in need of explanation of the effect of felony convictions on my future as a student and the aid i need to attend school. also, i need to know how the in home incarceration works and if it will allow me to be necessarily active in the daily activities of my five children, my schooling and household activities.
thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">