• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Evidence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

garvey6

What is the name of your state? Ca.
my brother did a robery with 2 other guys, and while they were at the sheffis station the conversation my brother and one of his friends were having was recorded without them knowing. can the da use this in court although they did not tell them they were being recorded?

thank you any info. would be appreciated.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

garvey6 said:
my brother did a robery with 2 other guys, and while they were at the sheffis station the conversation my brother and one of his friends were having was recorded without them knowing. can the da use this in court although they did not tell them they were being recorded?

=================================

My response:

Whatever tools are used and employed by the police to remove slugs like your brother from society, gets my vote.

Remember to send your brother soap-on-a-rope when he's in prison - - he'll find it very uncomfortable if he has to bend over to pick up his soap. Big Bubba will be waiting behind him!

IAAL

P

person500

garvey6 said:

Did they read them their rights? I think that if they question after arrest, they have to be read their rights. But that only matters for questions after arrest.

I'm sure it will be used in court, becuase cops will just say they read the rights.

stephenk

sitting in the open and talking does not give rise to a right of privacy. If they spoke loud enough to be recorded, they were also talking loud enough for others to overhear.

G

garvey6

This reply is for I AM ALWAYS LIABLE. I just asked for opinions not for someone to be judgemental. How would you know my brother is a slug.... takes one to know one huh?

H

hexeliebe

The recording was legal. In fact, your brother is not only a thief, but stupid to boot. the first advice any attorney worth a damn would have told your brother had he had the brainpower to think of calling one instead of shooting off his mouth would have been "Keep your mouth shut".

Obviously he didn't need legal advice because he has been watching all those cop shows on TV and knew everything. Including how to break into homes.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

"my brother did a robery with 2 other guys"

That's a slug. That's a detriment to society. That's a waste of DNA. That's a piece of sh*t.

By saying that your "brother did a robery", you have, in effect, said your brother is a slug.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">