• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expunge misdemeanor and all traces on internet - VA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

igwt

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I was put on trial for Solicitation for Prostitution in 1996 - very embarrassing to say the least.

At the time, I was assigned a public defender.

During the first trial, the arresting officer did not show up, but my public defender was late. So the judge rescheduled.

During the second meeting, my public defender pleaded an "Alfred" plea.

Judge granted a six month probationary period after which the charges were dismissed. Well they were dismissed.

I discovered a Va court case database on the internet. Low and behold, there's a record about this embarassing incident. With a dismiss status.

Is there a way that I could eliminate all traces of this incident. From the webpage, all public records, etc ? I don't want this brand on me forever ... the charge was dismissed on this single misdemeanor

JETX

Virginia only permits expungement of cases which were not prosecuted (no formal charges) or upon a finding of not guilty.

You may want to contact a local attorney to see about the chances of sealing the arrest record, but I also believe that Virginia also does not allow sealing of records.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">