• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

expunge record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hhson

What is the name of your state? ca

i want to know if i can expunge my misdemeanor charges from 5 years ago. i was charged with PC 487(a)/503 grand theft / embezzlemnet and PC 602(1) trespassing (2 counts). but was only convicted of PC 602(1) two counts on 1999. i am in college and about to graduate soon, i want to clean my record so that i can get a job, please help, thanks.

G

GoforLaw

Yes, you expunge your record, as long as you have fulfiled all of the terms and conditions of your sentence/probation (and there are no other criminal violations since). Its a fairly easy procedure, but I would recommend that you get a lawyer to do it - it truly will take faster and the chance of success much better. a little known fact is that private criminal defense attorneys get a bit of "special treatment" in CA criminal courts (in my experience). for example, as a matter of professional courtesy the courts usually let me take care of my business before all the unrepresented people (usually a whole trove of people waiting there). a lawyer can also fill the out the paperwork correctly the first time, which prevents an unnecessary rescheduling if the forms are not filled out right, and makes it easier for the judge to judge rubber stamp it. and most lawyers (like me) would not charge much for it, but you could do it yourself for sure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">