• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

expungement for dismissed/not guilty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

ohiomom

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I was charged with domestic violence on two different occasions in two different counties. Both were dismissed. (My now EX husband had charged me to get even with me charging him..he was found guilty on both accounts)..
One was in 1993 and one in 1998. The one in 1998 I was able to go to the court and file myself and I have a court date. The one in 1993, in a different county, I was told I needed to hire a lawyer and they wouldnt accept anything filed personally. Does this seem right? I dont see hiring a lawyer for 450.00(the cheapest quote I received) for a simple expungment on a dismissed case. The first court waived the fee to file due to it being a dismissed case, however the second court wont. I dont mind paying the fee, but hiring a lawyer? Expecially since it was 10 yrs ago.

I am trying to adopt a special needs child and these need removed from my record for the adoption to proceed.

Any advice?
Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">