• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

expungement on dismissed sex conviction?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anondon

State: ok

I was wrongfully charged with "enabling child sexual abuse" back in '04. The CPS worker told me to plead out to the charge and she would move my kids from the foster home where they WERE being molested.
The appeals court vacated my conviction and the county court two years later, heard my case and agreed to dismiss the charges along with the D.A agreeing to do it "with prejudice". My ex, shortly after I took the plea, went to trial and she got found not guilty. I got the kids back and she lost all rights. But my name and conviction still shows up under the website court records. Also, the sex offender extortion scamsites show up with my name and picture.
What are the odds under ok law of being granted an expungement a decade later, with having no criminal issues since then?

anondon

clarification on a detail

Let me also clarify something. This was a small town, heavily good ole boy system. I tried telling the police upon release what the cps worker told me at the jail, but her husband was also one of the police officers in the town. They didn't believe me, and would constantly pull me over or go to my places of employment to harrass me for telling.
Yet I was charged and convicted based on the belief that I DIDN'T tell of an abuse. The irony isn't lost on me concerning this.

FlyingRon

Ideally, you would want a section 18 expungement which would erase the official record of the arrest proceedings against you. You would appeal to qualify under A2 of that section. You will however likely need a lawyer and a judicial hearing will be required.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">