• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expungement of Juvenile Records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dollar

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I would like to get my juvenile records expunged. I completed the paperwork and was denied. I do have a felony charge but it is not one of the charges listed in the Arizona statute.

What options do I have? How do I go about appealing the courts decision? They didn't give me a reason for denial?

felony charge: someone rearended my car twice and I lost my cool and tossed a rock threw their back window. I did my time and probation and was willing to pay any damages. They didn't claim damages.

Is there a time limit I have to file, appeal and the court to respond. Are there statutes I can read?

Thanks dollar

N

nowpastdue

I am NOT an attorney.

You can study Arizona Revised Statue 13-907 (B) #3

(B) This section does not apply to any person convicted of a criminal offense

#3 Involving the use or exhibition of a deadly weapon or deadly instrument.

The reason your application was denied is because you used a rock, a deadly instrument.

Did the official charge read something like: Firing or hurling a missile at an occupied vehicle? Basically you committed the same crime you would have been charged with in a drive-by shooting.

I'm curious. If he rear ended you, how did you end up throwing the rock thru his "rear" window?

I didn't see any exception for juvenile records. You might talk to an attorney about it, but IMO I don't think you will get anywhere.

D

dollar

Expungement of juvenile records

nowpastdue: thank you for the reply and assistance

The charges were criminal damage up to $500

I broke the rear window as I got out to look at my damages and he and companions were laughing, I picked up a rock as he was driving away and threw it at the car - no intention to break the window - but that is what happened.

There was no discussion at anytime about considering the rock a deadly instrument.

Will read 13-907

thanks and anymore suggestions are welcome

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">