• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expungement or not???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

worriedinva

What is the name of your state? Va
How long aftr a conviction do I have to wait to try to get it expunged? What are some of the grounds for expungment???? The case is as follows. Charged with felony bad check after collision repair shop never held the deductible check like they said they would. Got a little scared of a felony conviction in court and plead to a misdemeanor bad check and 25 dollar fine. Juedge handles it and court is ajourned. After going into the clerks office to pay the fine, I look on the back of the warrant and it said "pleads to petty larceny". I brought it up, after after 30 minutes they get the judge on the phone and he refuses to change it even with the Commonwealth attorney telling him that the deal was to plead to a bad check charge. Can I get this expunged based on this?????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">