• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

expunging alternatives

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

legalman

What is the name of your state? NJ

The other day I was detained for having a plastic cap gun and received criminal charges (N.J.S. 2C: 29-4E). My lawyer told me that he would most likely have them dropped to an ordinate violation and receive a small fine. He also said that in a year I could work on getting an expungment.

Say everything goes as planned, from what I understand even after the expungment I will still have the detainment record available to the police or law enforcement.

Is there an alternative to expungment that completely removes the record from all databases? I know if I apply for a job after expungment, they won't be able to see it, but I would really like to be wiped clean of this mess.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">