• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extention of probation or jail time if certain criteria is not met

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bondo100993

I live in wisconsin and am currently sitting on probation for a misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge (which I took in a plea bargain and for two charges dropped) I got sentenced to 2 years and September 25 2016 is the 2 year Mark. I don't have my court costs or probation fees all caught up or up to date. Also my probation officer is making me take domestic violence intervention class that lasts 24 weeks. I got half way through it and was forced to drop out and restart. (not sure if I was required by the judge to complete this, I'll just go with yes) I've been trying to get ahold of somebody so that I could restart the dv classes and what and I've failed every day that I've called to teach the right person. Its pretty hectic for me to afford all of this. Yes I have a full time job making 15.50 an hour. But I'm married with 4 kids and I only get paid biweekly. On top of it I pay 75 a week in child support. I'm the only one working so absolutely all of my money goes for my wife's and kids needs and to bills with very little to spend on myself. My question is if I don't complete this stuff by September 25 can i or will I get thrown in jail or potentially get my probation extended? Thanks in advance!

FlyingRon

The answer is yes.

However, you should be in contact with your PO (and probably should have brought this up already) as to your financial situation. The payment schedule likely can be adjusted given your support obligations, etc...

You're blowing off the DV course is more problematic. If it is at all possible you need to get reenrolled and to finish this. Again, if the classes won't finish, before September, you need to communicate the situation to your PO.

I can guarantee if you just continue to stick your head in the sand until September and go to your PO (and the likely resultant hearing before the judge) with your sob story, you won't get much sympathy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">