• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extradition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

The Magster

What is the name of your state? california

my friend was arrested in colorado for his parole violation in california; nothing else, just parole violation. he will be extradited back to california. is there a certain time limit or number of days that colorado has to extradite him? if they don't meet that timeframe, do they have to release him? i hope someone knows, i am having a hard time finding the answer. thanks

JETX

Your friend will be brough before a magistrate in Colorado where he will be told why he is being detained. He will be asked if will waive challenge to extradition or accept. If he accepts, then he will likely be turned over to the CA authorities. If he challenges extradition, a hearing will be set.

T

The Magster

thanks for the info. do you know if there is a specific time frame in which colorado has to extradite him? like 45 days or 60 days? is there such a thing?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">