• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fake ID laws Pennsylvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Domino

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I'm curious what the laws are for getting caught with a fake ID in Pennsylvania. I know they differ from state to state ranging from simple fines to jail time.

Thanks

seniorjudge

Domino said:

I'm curious what the laws are for getting caught with a fake ID in Pennsylvania. I know they differ from state to state ranging from simple fines to jail time.

Thanks

Google...it is YOUR friend!

CdwJava

Domino said:

Thanks
The PA code is here, and the PA statutes can be found here ... they don't make them easy to locate. The specific offense and the penalties will vary greatly depending on what the ID is for and how it is presented.

The long and short of it is: Do NOT do it! Do not go out and commit a crime just to have a beer (or whatever you want to get with it).

- Carl

Last edited:

Domino

I have no interest in using a fake ID, just curious. Even after browsing those pages I'm still at a loss, I found § 4-495 in the Liquor Code has something to do with identification but the full statutes aren't available.

CdwJava

Domino said:
I have no interest in using a fake ID, just curious. Even after browsing those pages I'm still at a loss, I found § 4-495 in the Liquor Code has something to do with identification but the full statutes aren't available.
From a very quick browse of the criminal codes, I saw that it tends to be a misdemeanor to present or possess them. What level or grade misd., I don't know. I didn't look that long.

- Carl

jtrageser

Here ya go!

Section 6310.3 Carrying a False ID -
A person commits a summary offense for a first violation and a misdemeanor of the third degree for subsequent violations if he/she, being under 21, possesses an identification card falsely identifying that person by name, age, date of birth or photograph as being 21 years or age or older or obtains or attempts to obtain liquor or malt or brewed beverages by using the identification card of another or by using an identification card that has not been lawfully issued to or in the name of that person who possesses the card.

Penalty 1st Offense 2nd Offense Subsequent Offense
Fine 0-$300 0-$500 0-$500
Jail 0-90 days 0-1 year 0-1 year
License Suspension 90 days 1 year 2 years
Parental Notification

ALSO:
Section 6307 Misrepresentation of Age to Purchase Liquor or Malt or Brewed Beverages -
A person is guilty of a summary offense for a first violation and a misdemeanor of the third degree for any subsequent violations if he/she being under the age of 21 years, knowingly and falsely represents himself to be 21 years of age or older to any licensed dealer, distributor or other person, for the purpose of procuring or having furnished to him, any liquor or malt or brewed beverages.

Jail 0-90 days 1year 1year

Also keep in mind that if you are caught then you can be charged with several different things based on circumstances. For instance, if you walk out of a liquor store and a cop asks to see your ID you can be cited for both of the above. Or if you are caught with a fake ID while intoxicated (or I hope you wouldn't be stupid enough to drink and drive, but if you did...) you could be charged for numerous things. As far as buying tobacco, you could still be charged for carrying a false ID.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This thread is over 5 years old. Heck, the kid probably doesn't even NEED a fake id any more!

Antigone*

Section 6310.3 Carrying a False ID -
A person commits a summary offense for a first violation and a misdemeanor of the third degree for subsequent violations if he/she, being under 21, possesses an identification card falsely identifying that person by name, age, date of birth or photograph as being 21 years or age or older or obtains or attempts to obtain liquor or malt or brewed beverages by using the identification card of another or by using an identification card that has not been lawfully issued to or in the name of that person who possesses the card.

Jail 0-90 days 0-1 year 0-1 year
Parental Notification

ALSO:
Section 6307 Misrepresentation of Age to Purchase Liquor or Malt or Brewed Beverages -
A person is guilty of a summary offense for a first violation and a misdemeanor of the third degree for any subsequent violations if he/she being under the age of 21 years, knowingly and falsely represents himself to be 21 years of age or older to any licensed dealer, distributor or other person, for the purpose of procuring or having furnished to him, any liquor or malt or brewed beverages.

Jail 0-90 days 1year 1year

Also keep in mind that if you are caught then you can be charged with several different things based on circumstances. For instance, if you walk out of a liquor store and a cop asks to see your ID you can be cited for both of the above. Or if you are caught with a fake ID while intoxicated (or I hope you wouldn't be stupid enough to drink and drive, but if you did...) you could be charged for numerous things. As far as buying tobacco, you could still be charged for carrying a false ID.
Gee, thanks for the necroposting:rolleyes:.

next time please DON'T.:cool:

Well, Zig, I think it took him five years to find the statute.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">