+ Reply to Thread
    Domino is offline Junior Member

Fake ID laws Pennsylvania

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I'm curious what the laws are for getting caught with a fake ID in Pennsylvania. I know they differ from state to state ranging from simple fines to jail time.

Thanks
    seniorjudge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino

I'm curious what the laws are for getting caught with a fake ID in Pennsylvania. I know they differ from state to state ranging from simple fines to jail time.

Thanks

Google...it is YOUR friend!
    There are two rules for success:

(1) Never tell everything you know.
    I googled, couldn't find it.
    CdwJava is offline Senior Member

Thanks
    [URL="http://www.pacode.com/secure/browse.asp"]The PA code is here[/URL], and the [URL="http://members.aol.com/StatutesPa/Index.html"]PA statutes can be found here[/URL] ... they don't make them easy to locate. The specific offense and the penalties will vary greatly depending on what the ID is for and how it is presented.

The long and short of it is: Do NOT do it! Do not go out and commit a crime just to have a beer (or whatever you want to get with it).

- Carl
    Last edited by CdwJava; 07-03-2006 at 02:25 PM.
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM
    I have no interest in using a fake ID, just curious. Even after browsing those pages I'm still at a loss, I found 4-495 in the Liquor Code has something to do with identification but the full statutes aren't available.
    CdwJava is offline Senior Member
    I have no interest in using a fake ID, just curious. Even after browsing those pages I'm still at a loss, I found 4-495 in the Liquor Code has something to do with identification but the full statutes aren't available.
    From a very quick browse of the criminal codes, I saw that it tends to be a misdemeanor to present or possess them. What level or grade misd., I don't know. I didn't look that long.

- Carl
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM
    seniorjudge is offline Senior Member
    [url]http://www.carinsurance.com/kb/content13273.aspx[/url]
    There are two rules for success:

(1) Never tell everything you know.
    Thanks for your help.
    jtrageser is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Here ya go!

Section 6310.3 Carrying a False ID -
    A person commits a summary offense for a first violation and a misdemeanor of the third degree for subsequent violations if he/she, being under 21, possesses an identification card falsely identifying that person by name, age, date of birth or photograph as being 21 years or age or older or obtains or attempts to obtain liquor or malt or brewed beverages by using the identification card of another or by using an identification card that has not been lawfully issued to or in the name of that person who possesses the card.

Penalty 1st Offense 2nd Offense Subsequent Offense
    Fine 0-$300 0-$500 0-$500
    Jail 0-90 days 0-1 year 0-1 year
    License Suspension 90 days 1 year 2 years
    Parental Notification

ALSO:
    Section 6307 Misrepresentation of Age to Purchase Liquor or Malt or Brewed Beverages -
    A person is guilty of a summary offense for a first violation and a misdemeanor of the third degree for any subsequent violations if he/she being under the age of 21 years, knowingly and falsely represents himself to be 21 years of age or older to any licensed dealer, distributor or other person, for the purpose of procuring or having furnished to him, any liquor or malt or brewed beverages.

Jail 0-90 days 1year 1year

Also keep in mind that if you are caught then you can be charged with several different things based on circumstances. For instance, if you walk out of a liquor store and a cop asks to see your ID you can be cited for both of the above. Or if you are caught with a fake ID while intoxicated (or I hope you wouldn't be stupid enough to drink and drive, but if you did...) you could be charged for numerous things. As far as buying tobacco, you could still be charged for carrying a false ID.
    Zigner is offline Senior Member
    This thread is over 5 years old. Heck, the kid probably doesn't even NEED a fake id any more!
    Antigone* is offline Senior Member
    In honor of JetX ~ Somnambulist University
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrageser View Post
    Section 6310.3 Carrying a False ID -
    A person commits a summary offense for a first violation and a misdemeanor of the third degree for subsequent violations if he/she, being under 21, possesses an identification card falsely identifying that person by name, age, date of birth or photograph as being 21 years or age or older or obtains or attempts to obtain liquor or malt or brewed beverages by using the identification card of another or by using an identification card that has not been lawfully issued to or in the name of that person who possesses the card.

Jail 0-90 days 0-1 year 0-1 year
    Parental Notification

ALSO:
    Section 6307 Misrepresentation of Age to Purchase Liquor or Malt or Brewed Beverages -
    A person is guilty of a summary offense for a first violation and a misdemeanor of the third degree for any subsequent violations if he/she being under the age of 21 years, knowingly and falsely represents himself to be 21 years of age or older to any licensed dealer, distributor or other person, for the purpose of procuring or having furnished to him, any liquor or malt or brewed beverages.

Jail 0-90 days 1year 1year

Also keep in mind that if you are caught then you can be charged with several different things based on circumstances. For instance, if you walk out of a liquor store and a cop asks to see your ID you can be cited for both of the above. Or if you are caught with a fake ID while intoxicated (or I hope you wouldn't be stupid enough to drink and drive, but if you did...) you could be charged for numerous things. As far as buying tobacco, you could still be charged for carrying a false ID.
    Gee, thanks for the necroposting.

next time please DON'T.

Well, Zig, I think it took him five years to find the statute.