• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family Violence 3rd Degree Felony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tiffany9899

What is the name of your state? Texas

I am the victim in a domestic violence case that was transfered from a misedemeanor to a felony at the end of last month. It was his second time to be charged with violence towards me. He has been in jail for the past four months which has let me begin a new life. I found out about the felony today. I would appreciate it if anyone one could tell me what to expect from this case. Since it has become a felony will I be expected and demanded to testify? I faced him in court three months ago regarding custody of our children and a protective order and am not looking forward to facing him again. What kind of sentance can I expect? Since he has never been convicted of a felony is there a good chance he will receive propbation? Would it be more strict than the probation he received on his misdemeanor family violence charge? I apologize for all of the questions but would like to know what to expect from all of this so that I can prepare myself and my children. I moved over 250 miles away to finally escape the violence - if he goes to prison he will only be 40 or 50 miles away. Ironic.

Thanks!

Tiffany

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">