• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal Conviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nutter

Federal Conviction/ Colorado

What is the name of your state? colorado

Questions: 1) Are there any states that view a federal felony conviction as not a "true" conviction such that you could deny a felony conviction on a job application?

2) What are the rules for expungment for the state of Colorado?

My info: I am in the army and am going to a military prison under the UCMJ laws for marijuana use/possession/distro. The distro was for giving 2 grams of hash to a coworker at his request in exchange for nothing. This is a first time offense and I have a clean criminal and military record.
I am also a medical doctor and stand to lose my ability to find employment outside of the military.
Thanks for any info.

Last edited:

stephenk

A felony conviction is a felony conviction for all purposes in every state and Washington D.C. Sorry you cant lie out this one.

An expungement only takes place after you complete all of the terms of your conviction AND some years pass to show that you are a law abiding repentant citizen.

Guess you are going to find out about people making judgments about you as a drug dealer and dopehead. Good luck.

JETX

I would assume that the dishonorable discharge won't help your cause either. Or the probable hit on your medical license and hospital privileges.

C

coosi

Nutter, remember this?

stephenk you are a real *******. This kid posted here to get some help and all you have to offer is insults and judgements. Who are you to judge another human being? Is your life perfect?

I think you're lucky anyone answered your questions at all...

B

Big Bubba

I was in the Army, till they kicked me out. When I got caught with pot they got me for being AWOL instead, because I left my post to buy it. Maybe you'll get lucky and they will kick you out too.

See you in the BIG House.

C

coosi

Hey,

Won't the Feds let you off if you say it was like a prescription for medical marijuana. Maybe they have glaucoma or cancer and they're just not diagnosed...

N

Nutter

I can't use medical marijuana as a defense. I purchased the pot in Holland.
I think a dishonorable discharge, license suspention, and felony conviction will be viewed all together as the same story. If I can get a potential employer to at least allow me to explain I might have a chance in the future. Otherwise I'll be a pot smoking physician working in Wallmart. All of the Far right wing anti-drug morons will be sneering and judging me in the future but what do I care of their opinions? The wise man is not moved by praise nor blame. Especially from closed minded people.
I reacted to stephenk because of his apparent lack of compassion for the young guy on the other post. At least he gave me some decent advice on my post. It's funny but he couldn't resist throwing in some labels about me such as that I am a lier and deceiver, a "dopehead", and "drug dealer." Hahaha:D

JETX

All of which are true, from your own post.
Personally, I doubt you would even make it to Wal-Mart since they do background investigations. Maybe you can get a job at the Quickie-Mart selling Slurpies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">