• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

federal probation violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

docside

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? north carolina i have thirty days left on a five year probation sentence to finish on and my probation officer says he is violating me. when i asked my federal probation officer why he said because there are pending state chargess against me for fraud and would not tell me anything else except he would call me. that was a month ago what should i do in getting a court appointed attorney to help me with this and what do they do for first offence on something like this. do the feds investigate the state charge before they violate me or what. please help.

bobbybeck01

in same situation

I'm in a very similiar situation. To my understanding the fed probation officer is going to wait and see the disposition of the state charges. He told me it could be anywhere from extending your probation time to adding jail time depends on the severity of the state charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">