• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal and state sentence was to run concurrent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

colleeflower1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Federal
Was picked up by Mo state for bank robbery 2004. Was handed over to Feds which sentenced him to 12 years to run concurrent with the state sentence. Was then sentenced by state of Mo to do 10 years , also concurrent, and the state judge ordered him to be returned to the Feds. The judge made a specific note in the sentencing papers for him to go back to fed. Federal marshall never came to get him. He served his time in state and the clock started back at 0 when he was sent to Federal in 2009. I do realize this is a very tricky subject, that is why I am posting here. I am a friend in Oregon, he is currently at USP Atwater. Of course he is indigent. He does not dispute the charges. He has applied twice for sentence re computation, both denied on the basis of the clock not starting until you start you Federal sentence. Any advice or a point in the right direction would be helpful.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
An attorney would be his best bet - maybe you can help him pay for one...

TigerD

Contact the Federal Public Defender.
The office nearest Atwater is

California Eastern Federal Public Defender

Street Address
2300 Tulare Street, Suite 330
Fresno CA 93721-2232

Phone
559-487-5561

Internet Web Site
http://www.cae-fpd.org

ECF Link
N/A

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">